My PRFRUN server (available on www.vm.ibm.com) keeps an eye on MONWRITE.  It estimates how big an avarage daily MONWRITE file is, and at midnight it will ERASE MONDATA files untill it has free space for an avarage day.  Part of it is IMMERASE, a compiled REXX exec that can be run as immediate CMS command.  When disk gets near full during the day, the PRFRUN server sends an IMMERASE command to remove an old MONDATA file.  If the disk gets really full, it sends an ERASE command to remove an old file and restarts MONWRITE.

Kris,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support

Jim Vincent <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

2006-06-13 13:15

Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc
Subject
Re: Monwrite will not stay logged on

There are a couple ways.  From a authorized userid (someone with OPTION
LNKNOPAS or equivalent link authority - or by using the MULT password of
the mini disk) link R/W to the disk and clean off what you can.  Or you can
try logging on to MONWRITE and before tapping enter at the CMS prompt,
enter:   ACC (NOPROF  instead.  That will start CMS but not execute the
PROFILE EXEC.  You should be able to have some control at that point to do
clean up.

_______________________________________
James Vincent
Systems Engineering Consultant
Nationwide Services Co., Technology Solutions
Mainframe, z/VM and z/Linux Support
One Nationwide Plaza  3-25-02
Columbus OH 43215-2220   U.S.A
Voice: (614) 249-5547    Fax: (614) 677-7681
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU> wrote on 06/13/2006
07:06:49 AM: