Today's the day for simple questions!

We have DIRMAINT, and I'm using it, but I'm relatively inexperienced with it.

If DIRMAINT couldn't run for some reason and I had to make a change (for example, at a DR site), is there any reason why I couldn't use the USER BACKUP file on DIRMAINT's 1DB as source for the change, and then use the DIRECTXA command? I know I'd have to do the following:

     (1)  I'd have to assure myself that the USER BACKUP is current.
(2) I'd have to make the change later using DIRMAINT, so that DIRMAINT's up-to-date.

     - Tom.

Tom Cluster
County of Sonoma
Santa Rosa, CA
(707) 565-3384 (Tuesdays and Wednesdays only)