On
> Behalf Of David Boyes
> Sent: Monday, June 26, 2006 3:31 PM
> To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
> Subject: Re: TOKEN RING setup for remote 6262 printer
>
> >   Has anyone ever set up a Token Ring network on
> > VM/TCPIP in order to drive a 6262 printer that is
> > defined as a COAX attached printer on a VSE guest
> > machine. As this is all new to me, I am trying to find
> > the piece I need to put the network together.
> > Any help or examples that anyone is will ing to share
> > would be most helpful.
>
> I'm not sure this is possible.

Duh, never mind. You're going the other way (net to VSE). Misread the
problem.

If that's the case, then use the LPD in RSCS, and send the output to VSE
via NJE (or turn around and LPR it to the VSE LPD server). For NJE,
you'll need to configure PNET on VSE, get a full RSCS license, and add
either a TCPNJE link or a real NJE over CTC link to get the files back
and forth. For LPR to VSE, you'll need to configure LPD on VSE and have
an IP stack running on VSE. I'd probably use NJE, myself.

The LPD example in the Linux printing articles Adam and I wrote a few
years back will work fine for this application.

Given that configuration, you just need to add LINK and DEVICE
statements to your VM TCPIP config to activate the T/R adapter, and
you're ready to rock and roll.