I remember hearing about a site that had ALL of its VM volumes available to its
MVS system and had MVS datasets for every minidisk defined. They had all of the
CP areas listed as minidisks too (Checkpoint, Directory, Page, Spool, etc). I
think they did FDR backups and were able to restore full minidisks.

/Tom Kern