On 6/28/06, Jim Bohnsack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I don't doubt that FCOPY GARBLE isn't all that secure, but I don't happen
to have a z9 or "z" anything.  FCOPY runs quite nicely on my G5 and the

Use of the cryptic engine does not necessarily make you run faster,
but it saves the CPU cycles spent on the encryption and helps to scale
an application that uses encryption of data (like https). I have not
looked at what it would take to use this in a CMS application.

If we had a CMS Pipelines stage to do it, I expect it would at least
be able to do it without special hardware. Last year I got the "md5"
stage for x-mas, but I don't think we're much further than that.

Rob
--
Rob van der Heij
Velocity Software, Inc