Has anyone seen a problem format/allocating a volume where the cpfmtxa format goes from 0-end of a mod-9 successfully with no errors in the console log, but the messages show the volume is being formatted past cyl 3338.

When you allocate it will only permit allocation for the 1st 3339 (mod3), I have attempted SPOL 0-end, SPOL 0-3338, SPOL 1-end, SPOL 1-3338, But each time when we attempt to attach to the system it is rejected because of an invalid allocation record.

The systems are z/VM 5.1 and z/VM 5.2 both with  latest  version of ickdsf.

The only difference about the definition of the LCU in the IBM ESS is as a 3990-3 TPF rather than the normal 3990-9.

Phil Tully

--

'in media stat virtus'
Virtue's in the middle