On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 07:12:09 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>The PIPE VMC would work great if it could return more than 101 lines.
If
>I could do something like  PIPE VMC PTK NEXT,
> that could work -- although they would have to change the performance
>toolkit to make it work right.  I have tried that,
>and it doesn't seem to work the same twice.  Sometimes it gives the
>"second page" of userids, other times it gives the
>"first page" again......
>
>Setting the limits does merit some thought -- that could just work!
>
>Thanks for the idea -- Paul.

I'm converting from RTM too and I struggle with the same problems.
- "PIPE VMC PERFSVM xxx"  should always start at TOP,
  So now I do issue a VMC PERFSVM TOP before the command I want and
  that helps.
- There is also no indication that the VMC output is incomplete.
  So I issue VMC PERFSVM NEXT and compare its last line with
  what I previously collected.  If it is the same, I'm ready.  But,
  one also must compare the header to verify that PERFSVM is still
  reporting about the same period, if not: restart the whole thing.

Did I overlook something, or this this "an area for improvement"?
P.S. I'm still using VMPTK that comes with z/VM 4.4

Kris Buelens