On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 20:11:43 +0200, Eginhard Jaeger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

wrote:

>But a very simple solution could also be to just use the PRINT command,
>e.g. 'PIPE VMC PERFSVM PRINT USER (TO BUELENS'
>and then read the spool file to disk and process it. Not as nice as gett
ing
>the information in machine readable format right away, but depending
>on what exactly you intend to do with the data it could be an alternativ
e.

I dislike to spool I/O involved here (and the handling of the RDR queue
etc), but I gave it a try too.  So, I entered:
 PIPE VMC perfsvm print user(to kris  !cons
 Command complete

 Ready KRIS at VMKBFF01 ; T=0.01/0.01 16:09:23
but I don't get a reader file....  (the print command from KRIS is writte
on PERFSVM's console).  If I enter the print command from the monitor
screens inside PERFSVM, I get the reader file.

Kris
P.S. I'm not a nice guy: I'm using the VMPTK delivered with z/VM 5.2 unde
z/VM 4.4 (as opposed to what I wrote yesterday)