On Tuesday, 07/04/2006 at 02:29 AST, Phil Smith III <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Dave Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >This is a good introduction to using DCSS and the XIP2 file system....
>
> >"Using Discontiguous Shared Segments and XIP2 Filesystems With Oracle
> >Database 10g on Linux for IBM System z"
> >(http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg247285.html)
>
> Question for the IBMers: have they been officially renamed to
"discontiguous
> SHARED segments", or is the name of this Redbook technically wrong?

Isn't a DCSS (discontiguous saved segement) that is shared a
"discontiguous shared segment"?  The fact that you can use the same
abbreviation for both is just a bonus.  :-)

IMO, a better title would have been "Using the XIP2 Shared Memory
Filesystem with Oracle ...".  But we're technicians, not marketeers.  ;-)

[I drank the kool-aid.... "Memory", not "Storage".]