Huegel, Thomas wrote:

I guess either I wasn't clear or I hadn't engaged all of the brain cells.
The 'REL Z (DET' of course works fine, the real question is that when doing the REL DET as one command I get the console message ..

DASD 01DB DETACHED

But when doing them individually I don't get any messages.

As in Allen's example I could just add a dummy STEM as the next stage.

When you issue a CMS command in a Pipe, Pipes will trap all of the messages issued through CMS -- but not the CP messages, and the "DASD cuu DETACHED" message you're referring to is a CP message. That's one good reason for doing the CP and the CMS commands in separate stages, precisely to trap those messages.

Thanks

Nick