From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Schuh, Richard
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2006 2:30 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Paging Space Question

The Situation: A small, special purpose VM that is going to have 12 users
accessing data that is contained in DIRC directories that are enabled for
data spaces. These directories will have a total of approximately 5.7
million blocks committed. The processes using them will be most of what is
running in a machine that has 26GB main and 12GB xstore.

The question: Do we need to define sufficient paging space to accommodate
all of the dataspaces plus anything else that may be running, or can we get
by on fewer because the majority of the files in the dataspaces will be in
memory?

Regards,
Richard Schuh