No, you cannot.  But, if it is an OSA, you can define multiple device
numbers on a single OSA.  Then you pass a series of device numbers to the
first level TCP/IP, and another set to the guest VM system.  If your IOCP
does not have "spare" device numbers for the OSA, you can always define a
virtual CTC between the first and second level TCP/IP stacks; you need to
enable PROXYARP on the first level TCP/IP when you want both TCP/IP stacks
in the same subnet.  We used such a setup in the past when our old OSA/2
didn't have enough addresses for our needs.

Kris,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support

Ed Micucci <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
2006-07-13 20:30
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
IP Interface "Device Number"

Can you share the same IP Interface "Device Number" between 1st and 2nd
Levels?

Ed Micucci