Hello Everyone,

Mike wrote
>1- Dedicate a whole new DASD to paging (paging and spool involve
> seldom-ending channel programs for good performance,   interrupting
those
> channel programs for other activity on the disk reduces system
> performance).  For example, let's use as the new volser: VMPG01 on
rdev
> 200

        Can I format the new volume to have 2000 cylinder of paging and
1339 cylinders of spool?
        I mean I can do it but is it a good idea?

        I would deallocate the paging from 430RES/430W03 but add the
430W04 (new volume) at the end of the cpvolumes to for spooling.

        I was not planning on doing a cold drain but that may happen.

        I will have a SPXTAPE DUMP 580 SPOOL done right before shutdown,
and earlier.

        I would like you all to know that I do appreciate your help.
I am worried because I can not find the cause of the problem.

        Unknown issues are very dangerous.

Ed Martin
Aultman Health Foundation
330-588-4723