From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of David Boyes
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 03:13 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: s/VM tape sharing with z/OS via RMM

> So the requirement keeps coming down to writing our own interface
between
> VM:Tape and DFSMSrmm - not a trivial effort.  But if someone has
already
> done it, or gotten part way down the slope, perhaps we could share
ideas.

Rumor has is that a IP-based interface was added to at least the z/OS
DFSMS to allow remote access for shared libraries with pSeries boxen; I
wonder if it wouldn't be smarter to develop a stub for VM DFSMS to
access the IP interface (and for extra credit, write a set of C routines
that Linux could use to interact with the thing....8-)).