On 7/29/06, Tom Cluster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Well, I just did a test.  Remember, we have no ESM.  I logged on as a
user who does not have LNKNOPAS.  I issued a LINK command to Maint's
191 with the wrong pw 5 times, and I got this message.  But when I
gave it the correct password on the 6th try it worked.

Look at the journaling facility in the CP Plan & Admin. You can
certainly have a combination of options that will make CP tell the
operator after 5 attempts but disable links from that userid only
after 10 times. I could not tell from the book what the default is...

I suppose one way to get around this would be to give TCPIP LNKNOPAS authority.

That would give anyone with TCPIP access also access to all disks in
the system. Depends on your installation whether that is a problem. I
used to have a separate disk for my obeyfile stuff and gave it read
password ALL.
--
Rob van der Heij
Velocity Software, Inc