On Wednesday, 08/02/2006 at 06:04 MST, Adam Thornton
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I now have things apparently working, except that when I ask for a
> list of files, I never get any data, and the connection times out.
>
> Which is strange, since I'm sure I'm in passive mode, and so the
> server should just be using the same connection.

You can either activate the FTP server command exit and sample, or use
TCPSNIFF to watch what's going on.  A separate data connection is always
used, even for passive FTP.  An ephemeral port number is used.

If passive FTP is really being used, then the problem is usually a
firewall that only opens certain port ranges to the target host.  And, no,
there is not [yet] a way to control the ephemeral port numbers used by the
FTP server.