That should be simple enough and should work without a hitch on 5.2 (or any
release).   Are you really really sure that the RTABLE is not catching the
message somewhere else? Can you copy your RTABLE entry and post it?   I
would sort of expect it to look like:

|...+....1....+....2....+....3....+....4....+....5....+....6....+....7..
/PUT /                      1   4    STEVE             HALEXEC

_______________________________________
James Vincent
Systems Engineering Consultant
Nationwide Services Co., Technology Solutions
Mainframe, z/VM and z/Linux Support
One Nationwide Plaza  3-20-13
Columbus OH 43215-2220   U.S.A
Voice: (614) 249-5547    Fax: (614) 677-7681
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU> wrote on 08/03/2006
09:34:24 AM: