The problem is that IE ignores the content-type header.

In Windows Help search for - 258452

In which the cause is described as -
'Internet Explorer is RFC compliant, but does not take into account some deviations that are allowed within the specification'

Sounds like a fancy way to say the programmers didn't read all the specs.

David Boyes wrote:
Still horked. LOL - I like that word...nice ring to it.

Hmph. The file is fine, and Firefox can retrieve it fine, just not IE.
For now, download it to local disk (right click and save it) and open it
from there. I'll track down what's going on later this evening, but you can
still get the file to read on the plane.
PLEASE NOTE: This internet email message
has been checked for viruses and appropriate
content to ensure it complies with TABCORP's
electronic communication policy.
..
For: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--