Personally, I prefer just dumping CP storage. I can't recall ever having to
examine user storage when working on a CP problem. Neither can I remember ever
having to send a VMDUMP of user storage to IBM or any other vendor. Besides,
the potential for really large CP dumps is there in the 5.2 system. The last
problem we had when converting to 5.2 had the same general symptom as a problem
reported by another customer. When I tried sending our dump to the vendor, the
receiving disk filled up 3 hours into the FTP. Luckily, the vendor was able to
process partial dumps, and was able to confirm that our problem matched the bug
reported earlier by IBM, so we were able to get a ready-made fix.

Regards,
Richard Schuh