This reminds me of my first week or so working for IBM as a PSR (those were kind of software CEs for those of you too young to know). I was working in Dayton, OH and they sent me out to Wright Patterson air base to pick up a dump. It turned out it was at FTD (the Foreign Technology Division) and a very secretive bunch. I got to the lobby of the bank vault like building and waited for them to bring me the dump. When they did, it was like swiss cheese. Someone had gone through it with an Exacto and excised all the data or hints of data that were in it. The big pile of paper only weighed about half of what it normally would..

Lee (much happier with electronic dumps) Stewart

Schuh, Richard wrote:
Here, the security folks would require us to edit any dump, removing any
sensitive information, that is to be seen by an outsider if user storage were
to be included. We would also have to encrypt any unedited dump that is stored
on dasd or tape. Not to mention that 56GB dumps are larger than we would ever
want to store for very long, anyway :-)

Regards,
Richard Schuh

--