no VM/VTAM...... graf......remember enable  all                     Q GRAF

"Edward M. Martin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

08/14/2006 01:07 PM

Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc
Subject
Re: VM2.3 IN$FILE & 3174

Hello Jan Canavan,

        I am basically agreeing with Steve, but I think it is the other way around  for your “(AST-3270 Coax-II-CUT Control Program Version 2.01”.

The DFT (distributive function terminals) did some of the file transfer and other controller functions within the terminal.. The CUT’s  (control unit terminals)

let the controller do all the work.

        You need to ensure that the File Transfer bit is on (I thought that was 125 bit 6 needed to be a 1) and , IIRC, there was a bit to

change certain characters to spaces and the like that must be turned off. (let all characters be).

        And this terminal is connecting directly to VM.  Because there are some VM/VTAM things that need adjusted too.

Ed Martin
Aultman Health Foundation
330-588-4723
[EMAIL PROTECTED]