On: Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 11:00:51AM -0700,william JANULIN Wrote:

}   Yes, thanks again for your help. F.Y.Il the user
} tried it by entering PURGE instead of PUR and it
} worked. Amazing, eh?

Bill,
One of your diagnostic tools for cases where a CP command is doing
things that are unexpected is to tell the user:

"Try CP xxxxxx" instead

where xxxxxx is exactly what they had previously tried.

Other tools that can be handy are:

   SET IMPEX on/off
   SET IMPCP on/off

Both default to on.  IMPEX on says that if there is both an exec and a
cms command of the same name, call the exec.  IMPCP on says to pass
something that cms doesn't recognize to CP.

And don't feel bad about this.  Most of us have learned about these the
hard way.

--
Rich Greenberg  N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com  + 1 239 543 1353
Eastern time.  N6LRT  I speak for myself & my dogs only.    VM'er since CP-67