I've looked up the ifconfig and route commands. They work great. I displa
the dev before and if shows the old(pub) addrs...as it should
I then use the ifconfig to change the addr(pri addr),netmask and braodcas
t.
Redisplay and "BAM" changed
Now I del the old route gw(pub addr)  and add the new gw(pri addr).. I

display the route and
"BAM" (excuse me Emeril) the new (private)route is in.

Now here is where I run into trouble.
I can't putty into the new (or old..as expected) session
I can't ping the new addr(pri)
I can't ping the new gw(pri)
I can ping myself(I think that's becasue it uses the 127 addr) and it doe
display the new (pri)addr as the pinger
As a side note:
I can ping the new router(private) from the old addr(public) or fron
another instance that has the same pub ip addr(which would be an old addr
).
What am I missing??
HELP
thanks