On Tuesday, 08/29/2006 at 10:58 EST, =?iso-8859-1?Q?Larry_Macioce?=
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The gw isn't a guest , it's a real device.
> We are using a vswitch(the guests name stays the same)
> Alan,
> I'd be  ok giving you or a majority of other posters here a diagram(off
> list), but call me paranoid there may be someone lurking w/o the best
> intentions. If I were to divulge a public addr and then get busted
> into ...well you know. Just read the papers, goverment(and others) are
> taking a beating over security.

Feel free to change the IP addresses to protect the guilty.  Just keep
them in their respective subnets.  Besides, your systems are protected by
robust firewalls and you don't run services you don't need, right?

"Security by obscurity" should not give you (or anyone else) warm fuzzies,
but paranoia is ok in this case. ;-)

And, BTW, I'm not asking for a complete diagram of your network - just
your local neighborhood, starting with your local router.