We have a Z/VM 5.2 TCP/IP connected to a Linux SLES 9 stack via CTC.
We tested the setup with VCTC links and get connected ok. (LINUX in same
LPAR).
We moved the SLES system to another LPAR (again under VM) and
attached a pair of real CTC paths to the systems to replace the VCTC
links.  When we do a NETSTAT OBEY STOP and START to bring the links up,
the real CTC LINKs will  come ready but will get unit
checks (Sense 41) on the CTCs when any activity is initiated.
We've tested the real CTC paths with RSCS to RSCS to see that we had
a good pair of CTC addresses between the LPARs.  The RSCS links work
fine.  Is there something unique in TCP/IP
with  real CTC links that we may have missed?

Thanks for any help.

Ron Greve
SDSU Admin and Research Computing