>try setting the adapter number on the LINK statements to be the same: =
>Both 0s or both 1s
>David

David

We set them both to 1 as show below.  We now get a configuration
error  DTCCTC059  (TCP/IP recognizes link adapter address is invalid.)

We set them back to 0 and 1 and we can get the links up again.
Netstat Devlinks show both sides Ready with no error status.
Netstat Gate show the route with flags  UHS.

As soon as we ping from one side or the other we get the Unit Check.
Netstat Devlinks show bytes out going up but nothing on bytes in.
Side being pinged now show error status on Netstat Devlinks

Ron