I still can't get DIRMAINT to run. Before I call IBM, I want to share this info....

I see that there is a USER DIRECT in MAINT's A disk and I issued DIRECTXA, but still CP can not find DIRMAINT in the directory. The product is enabled. I also noticed that DIRMAINT may be called 5VMDIR10. So I xautologed it.

       q product
       Product  State    Description
       5VMDIR10 Enabled  00/00/00.00:00:00.$BASEDDR DIRECTORY
       MAINTENANCE FL 510
       5VMPTK20 Enabled  00/00/00.00:00:00.$BASEDDR PERFORMANCE TOOLKIT
       FOR VM
       5684096K Disabled 00/00/00.00:00:00.$BASEDDR RSCS Networking
       Version 3 Release 2
        Modification 0
       5767002P Disabled 00/00/00.00:00:00.$BASEDDR RACF for VM/ESA V2
       Ready; T=0.01/0.01 08:23:32
       q name
       TCPIP    - DSC , DTCVSW2  - DSC , DTCVSW1  - DSC , VMSERVR  - DSC
       VMSERVU  - DSC , VMSERVS  - DSC , OPERSYMP - DSC , DISKACNT - DSC
       EREP     - DSC , OPERATOR - DSC , 5VMDIR10 - DSC , MAINT    -L0003
       VSM     - TCPIP

Hans Rempel wrote:
IF you installed from IBM tapes/CD as DDR restore the directory should be
loaded and dirmaint userid should be there. Check your install again.
When I issue dirm command to get a directory, I get these messages:

       FPLDSR146E File "WHERETO DATADVH *" does not exist
       FPLSCA004I ... Issued from stage 1 of pipeline 1 name
       "Read_WHERETO_DATADVH"
       FPLSCA001I ... Running "< WHERETO DATADVH *"
       DVHXMT1119T Error in CMS command; RC= 146
       DVHXMT1119T from: PIPE (Name Read_WHERETO_DATADVH End ?) < WHERETO
       DVHXMT1119T DATADVH * | A: FANOUT | TAKE 1 | SPECS WORD 1 1 | VAR
       DVHXMT1119T DIRMMACH ? A: | SPECS WORD 2 1 | JOIN * / / | VAR
       DIRMNODE ?
       DVHXMT1119T A: | TAKE 1 | SPECS WORD 3 1 | VAR DIRMAUTH
       DVHXMT1119T at line 255.

I am not sure if I missed something or there is a problem with the distribution.
I have z/VM 5.2 + the RSU that came with the DVD.
If you can log on to Maint and have write access to the 123 mdisk (generally
520RES) you can reload the directory using directxa. Please note that the
directory has two areas (in case directory update fails) on the resident
volume. IF you load the directory using directxa when you have IPLed the
system you only need to do it once. If you load it from another VM system
run the directxa command twice to make sure both areas have the directory
you wish.
Importing directory from a 5.1 system may not be a good idea since the
minidisk layouts out IBM system userids may have changed and will not map to
the layout on the VM 5.2 system.

Hans Rempel