I forgot about CMAP. I used it 10 years ago and Mike is right, it will tell you probably more than you want to know. I also seem to remember that it was something that needed to be done at the userid level. I don't remember if it was kicked off by a command in the PROFILE EXEC or just how it was started. It wasn't something that you could run or use centrally such as thru a CP hook. I also think that the results were collected individually and would take some work to get them collected in some central database.
Jim

Mike Walter wrote:
Colin,

Probably overkill for your needs... but useful information to stick in your back pocket for later. Macro 4 sells (barely, extremely poor marketing - can't find it on the web site unless you know magic incantations) a product called VM/CMAP (Command Monitor Analysis Product) that does a very thorough job of monitoring and reporting command usage within CMS.

You can monitor pretty much any command (MODULE, EXEC, XEDIT macro, etc.) if you have disk space to handle that much, or filter it down to just what you care about. The price is reasonable, perhaps paid for by license costs for little-used products that you can eliminate. Mike Walter Hewitt Associates Any opinions expressed herein are mine alone and do not necessarily represent the opinions or policies of Hewitt Associates.
--
Jim Bohnsack
Cornell University