There is no such feature in x3270. That's because it uses basic X
programming and not something like QT or KDE or GTK+ or ... . In the
basic X programming, the program itself must select the font to display.
This selection determines "how big" the screen real estate used. The
"maximize" button is put there by the "window manager". But x3270 is not
"window manager" aware, and so basically the behaviour you want is not
supported. The end user must select a larger font from the dialog box.
Trial and error (mainly error on my part).

I have tried looking at the x3270 source myself to see if I could use it
to learn QT. But I fear my desires exceed my ability at this time. And I
have little time to just "fool around" learning "unnecessary" things.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.