Thank you, Miguel.

From the comments in the file, after the system ID, there are two tokens on each line:

the userid of the TCP/IP virtual machine (which apparently is automatically filled in if you put in "TCPIPUSERID")
        the default userid

I don't understand where these values are used.  Can you elaborate?

     - Tom.

At 08:55 AM 9/27/2006, you wrote:

> That also leaves the TCPIP DATA file, located on the TCPMAINT 592
> minidisk. This file contains the userid of your TCPIP stack, which
> actually could be different on different machines, and the host name,
> which is, hopefully, different on different machines. Without correcting
> this file to match the machine you're on, the various tcpip tools, such
> as the FTP client, won't work.

This can be handled in the TCPIP DATA file itself. It has support for multiple system IDs (with some rather archaic syntax):

for example, if the System ID of your machine is SYSID1 and the System ID of your DR machine is DRSYS1 then the following would select the appropriate TCPIPUSERID based on the machine:

SYSID1: TCPIPUSERID TCPIP
DRSYS1: TCPIPUSERID TCPDR

Regards,
Miguel Delapaz
z/VM TCP/IP Development

Tom Cluster
County of Sonoma
Santa Rosa, CA
(707) 565-3384 (Tuesdays and Wednesdays only)