Alan,

No, you're not the only one who uses BookManager (or BookServer /
LibraryServer) and you're not the only one who uses Softcopy Librarian to
manage books.  The beauty of this common repository is that we, the
customer, don't have to know the sites of the VM books and the z/OS books
and the CICS books and the COBOL books (ad nauseum.).  If the various
groups within IBM will cooperate with the zSeries Softcopy folks, IBM's
customers' jobs will be a lot easier.

I've generally thought that the VM group was one of the better IBM groups
for communicating with the Softcopy folks (or maybe they just don't update
their manuals very much between releases).  However, it appears that
communication hasn't happened yet for these latest updates.

Dennis

             "Alan Ackerman"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             ANKOFAMERICA.COM>                                          To
             Sent by: "The IBM         IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
             z/VM Operating                                             cc
             System"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     Subject
             ARK.EDU>                  Re: New z/VM 5.2.0 Manuals May 2006

             09/28/2006 11:48
             PM

             Please respond to
               "The IBM z/VM
             Operating System"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 ARK.EDU>

That's how I got there. From http://www.vm.ibm.com/library/ I clicked on
z/VM Library Center |
V5.2. You can also get to the manuals by clicking on z/VM Bookshelf | V5.
2. But I want the whole
set of updated manuals -- or at least the new bookshelf file.

Another point against SPEs -- I don't like to wait for the next collectio
n kit CD to document the
new code.

Are we the only ones left that still run BookManager?

 On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 17:01:46 -0400, Kurt Acker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wro
te: