DISKMAP was created in the times that DIRMAP was not standard available in
VM, it was part of IPF, later CUF, available at extra cost.

Forget about DISKMAP and use DIRMAP.  DIRMAP will report gaps at
end-of-volume, and it does not report fullpack mindisks as overlap. DIRMAP
gives a non-zero returncode when it finds overlaps, etc

We define a user FULLPACK that has a fullpack minidisk for each volume,
user FULLPACK is exclude in all our backup templates.  MAINT 123 no longer
exists, but is a LINK to FULLPACK xxxx.

Kris,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support

The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU> wrote on