This is a perfect example of using CP Exit 1200.

This cp exit allows you complete control over the DIAL command.

I suggest you give it a shot.  We use it here quite a bit.  I can supply
our exit if you wish to look at it.

Someone on this list pointed me at this thing a few years ago and I
forget who it is was.

Good Luck.

Jim Hughes
603-271-5586
"Action is the solitary ingredient that separates planning from
delusion."