Hello List,

We have some CMS machines to automate several tasks, such as processing

job output from VSE. When a file is sent to the machine's RDR WAKEUP is

triggered and processes the file. The machine has been running for some

years now on most of our VM images. Last week we copied the machine to a

new VM (or rather an old system) to automate our processes there. However
,
when a file is sent to the machine WAKEUP is not triggered.

When investigating, it only is a problem when a file is sent from a VSE.
file sent from a different CMS user will be processed. Even more, when a

file from VSE is sent it is not processed. When a file from a CMS user is

sent afterwards both the new 'CMS' file and the VSE file are processed.

I can't find any obvious error in the configurations. It appears the
configurations are the same on all VM's, or at least more or less the
same. But since we did not install that system I can't be sure on the
exect configuration or specific defaults. I did check the settings I coul
think of, such as the spool device type or CMS machine configurations.

We are running z/VM 4.4 on all nodes except the 'new' one, z/VM 4.3. I

searched the IBM support to find issues regarding WAKEUP but I couldn't

find any issues on this subject.

I noticed that a file from VSE that I got in my CMS machine can be peeked

or otherwise processed. But when I transfer the file to the server machin
the wakeup is not triggered.

I don't know where to look now. Does somebody have an idea where I could

look next? Did somebody have the same problem before?

Kind regards, Berry.