Hi fellow listers,

My first post here, though I've been lurking a little while.

I'm trying to get Linux guests to shut down after issuing a "SIGNAL SHUTD
OWN
guestname" on z/VM. I've updated /etc/inittab in Linux to make this happe
n,
as per the doco, but most of the time linux just ignores the request.

I've tried both of the following in /etc/inittab, but neither have the
desired effect for me...

ca::ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -h -t 4 now

and...

ca::ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -h now

If I manually issue "shutdown -h now" on linux after "SIGNAL SHUTDOWN
guestname" on z/VM, all ends as it should, with linux shutting down and t
hen
z/VM terminating the guest.

I'm z/VM 5.2 and SUSE SLES9.

Any ideas?