I have been able to drive VM systems at 100% CPUbusy for months at a time
.
The problems that came up were when you had a small number of very large
guests that all wanted everything all at the same time. The smaller the
guests, the more guests you have, the shorter they need the CPU in any on
shot, the better response you will have at 100% CPUbusy. If you have one
Websphere guest and one DB2 guest and they both want 100+% of the box NOW
,
you will get poor performance.

/Tom Kern