I've chatted with the client aome more and have a better idea of what's

actually happening....
1) an end user TN3270s to a specific IP address,
2) the Cisco router then connects the TN3270 cleint to a VTAM Netview
Access Services application (NVAS) [The magic incantation "VTAM LST" was

also heard at this point of the discussions....:-)]
3) the end user can choose to be connected to another application, runnin
on another host someplace else.
4) VTAM then routes that connection through a 3745-170 unit that is
attached to the z/VM system.

I'll take a look now at the exit DB mentioned and see if I can't figure i
out. There are no plans to bring in Linux on zSeries (for EE) or to repla
ce
the 3745 box......just the two Cisco routers.

Have a good one.

DJ