Phil, if you are using a more recent level of LE, they changed the defaul
for ALL31 from OFF to ON.  With ALL31 set to ON, LE assumes that all the

code invoking LE is running in 31-bit mode.  If any part of POPPER is
running in 24-bit mode then this could cause a problem.  We have a lot of

old applications that are a mixture of 31-bit and 24-bit code so I had to

change ALL31 back to OFF.  If you invoke a LE enabled program and pass it

a parm of "/RPTOPTS=ON" you will get a listing of the LE options in
effect.  You can override any LE options for an application by coding an

Assembler program called CEEUOPT ASSEMBLE with the LE options you want,

Assemble it, and include it in the generated MODULE file.  Here is a
sample:
CEEUOPT  CSECT
CEEUOPT  AMODE ANY
CEEUOPT  RMODE ANY
         CEEXOPT ALL31=(OFF)
         END
The CEEXOPT MACRO is in SCEEMAC MACLIB.

If that isn't it, maybe you could post the error you are getting with the

new MODULE.

Dale R. Smith
Technology Services Senior
IBM Global Services
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
1-614-481-1608

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 14:03:16 -0500, Phil Smith III <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
:

>I was tinkering with POPPER and can't get it to build -- well, it builds
,
but won't run, even when built with the old text decks, or with new ones

generated with CC.  Comparing the old & new MODULEs shows that they l
ook
similar but the old one (circa 1999!) is shorter, presumably due to older

LE TXTLIBs.

>So the question is: has anyone tinkered with it lately?  The change I wa
making (verified by using Pipes to change a copy of the existing MODULE)

is to change the message when a client tries to login and the mailbox is

already in use.  In such an instance, the current POPPER sends back:
> -ERR Duplicate Session for <user>.
>
>The problem with this, for those of us who both use Outlook and POP our

mail on multiple machines, is that Outlook takes this response to be
a "password failed" response, and puts the password prompt back up.  Some

experimentation with another POP server shows that it returns:
> -ERR [IN-USE] account is locked by another session or for maintenance,

try again
>in the same case.  While that string was too long to fit in the existing

MODULE, the "[IN-USE]" turns out to be (apparently) the key: with that in

there, Outlook now reports the error and continues on happily.