The jaw dropper here was from the consultants that keep asking for the
mainframe budget figures over and over. They just couldn't believe that we
were operating what we have for the costs. The mantra then became
performance. Everything was suddenly so slow that almost no one could get
there work done. Which was unusual because in that year we finished more
ownership changes and set new values on more parcels then in any of the
previous three years. The real issue here appears to be political.
Conservatives believe privatizing government will make government smaller.
No one ever said it would be cheep. Don't get me wrong I would be leading
this charge if it was cheaper. I pay taxes in this town to. But to pay 300%
more than the current cost, loose facility, loose performance, and the tax
dollars go out of town is just mind numbing.