The indexes are actually screen addresses (SBA's). once I have built and displayed the screen I may need to go back and redisplay the screen. ie If some fields are in error.
I can do it without a pipe, just using REXX, but I thought it would be nice to use a pipe in some areas.

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Miguel Delapaz
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 11:44 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Another PIPE how to

I don't believe there is an option to do what you're asking.  The STEM stage isn't "stripping" off the leading 0.  It's starting at TABLE.1 and working its way up to TABLE.(0+TABLE.0).  Is there any reason your code needs to specify the leading zeroes when setting the fields in TABLE.?  Or perhaps some more information about how the indexes into TABLE relate to the data or display would be helpful.

Regards,
Miguel Delapaz
z/VM TCP/IP Development

The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU> wrote on 11/08/2006 09:16:27 AM:

> Hi Plummers,

> I have a little PIPE question.
> I have an exec where I build a stem as follows.
> field1 = HELLO
> field2 = GOODBY
> .
> .
> field99 = THE END
> TABLE.0101 = field1
> TABLE.0202 = field2
> .
> .
> .
> TABLE.2480 = field99

> SAY TABLE.0101      will say 'HELLO'
> SAY TABLE.0202      will say 'GOODBY'

> When I try to use a pipe like.
> pipe stem TABLE. | console
> I don't get any entries that start with 0xxx ie 0001 thru 0999.

> Is there a way for pipes to NOT strip off the leading 0?
> Thanks
> Tom

> << ella for Spam Control >> has removed VSE-List messages and set
> aside VM-List for me
> You can use it too - and it's FREE!  http://www.ellaforspam.com

<< ella for Spam Control >> has removed 8259 VSE-List messages and set aside 5541 VM-List for me
You can use it too - and it's FREE!
  www.ellaforspam.com