Alan Altmark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What then, exactly, are you looking for?  From a CP command perspective,
> REXEC provides additional function over RSCS SMSG since the output is
> synchronous vis a vis the REXEC command itself.

Although we will be talking between the 2 systems over the Intranet (via the OSA's) I think we could put enough protection in place to cover the most obvious security issues.

With what we want to achieve there would be a number of advantages of using REXEC but the problem, at least as far as I perceive it, is managing the calls.

My understanding of REXEC (so far) is where a userid is logged on to run a command and logs off afterwards. I am not sure if there is anyway to use it differently? The problem with managing this from my point of view is that we could have many calls happening simultaneously (it would be a user service function) so we would need a pool of userid's on which to run the command. Then it would be difficult to know which userid to use in the REXEC command.

Maybe this shows my limited knowledge of how REXEC works?

Colin Allinson
Amadeus Data Processing