We have a z990 that has a 2G HSA. What are you complaining about? :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Dieltiens Geert
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 12:59 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: HSA size on Z9 BC

Hi,

We have been talking to Santa recently and *maybe* this time he will bring us a
z9.

But I've been told that the HSA on a z9 can be quite large, compared to the
current 128 MB on the z800.  So I've been playing with the "HSA Estimator tool
for z9 BC v2.9.1" on Resource Link. The minimum HSA-size the tool predicts
(specifiyng 0 devices, no dynamics, no hypersockets) is no less than 1216 MB.
Using more realistic numbers for devices etc., I get a HSA size of 1536MB (1,5
GB!). Which is *huge*, compared to the z800.

Are these sizes realistic? Can anyone using a z9 give me an indication of the
HSA-size on their machines?

Thanks!
Geert.

Geert Dieltiens
Systeembeheerder
Informatica J. Van Breda & C°

DISCLAIMER

you have received this email in error please notify [EMAIL PROTECTED] This
footnote also confirms that this email has been checked for the presence of
viruses.

Informatica J.Van Breda & Co NV BTW BE 0427 908 174