On 11/30/06, Phil Smith III <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

You cannot do this in XEDIT, or in linemode.  You must use a program that knows
how to do extended attributes, specifically the SA 3270 orders.  XMENU, IOS3270
(maybe), DMS/CMS (maybe), and a host of others.  Warning: writing such code
yourself is non-trivial!

And for sure &deity has meant it to be very hard ;-)  You don't want
just any programmer to be able to do this... I still have to see the
first line mode application that is improved by yelling at me in
different colors. It's bad enough to be trapped by someone's PROFILE
XEDIT that uses all combinations of color and hilighting. Note that
the differences would not show in your console log, so if it is really
important you may need to think of another way to clarify the output.

You could have an argument for using the CP SCREEN command to identify
output lines unrelated to your program that get merged in the output.
Whenever I run into someone who has set different style for various
forms of output, I can't resist asking the person whether he knows
which color is what, and what value it provides...  I do like to have
MSGs hilighted, but that's about it.

Rob

PS Lacking a dozen different editors for CMS, we need at least
something to fight religious wars about.

PS/2 And I do like the QDI XEDIT that the Piper did for us.