Au contraire - XEDIT is easy
       QUEUE 'SET CTLCHAR ! ESCAPE';
  QUEUE 'SET CTLCHAR R PROTECT RED      '
  QUEUE 'SET CTLCHAR W PROTECT WHITE    '
  QUEUE 'SET CTLCHAR B PROTECT BLUE     '
  text_left   = '!R'LEFT(netid,8)
  text_middle = '!W'bar 'Query Names Extended' bar
  text_right  = '!B'd_a_t_e TIME()
  text = '!R'LEFT(netid,8) '!W'bar 'Query Names' bar '!B'd_a_t_e TIME()
  text = text_left text_middle text_right
  QUEUE 'SET RESERVED 1 HIGH' text

Phil Smith III wrote:

Zoltan_Balogh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
i have the same problem, now i can color an entire line, but i dont know
how can i color only the part of the line.. I look for things at google but i cant find usefull things. Can you help me?

You cannot do this in XEDIT, or in linemode.  You must use a program that knows
how to do extended attributes, specifically the SA 3270 orders.  XMENU, IOS3270
(maybe), DMS/CMS (maybe), and a host of others.  Warning: writing such code
yourself is non-trivial!

...phsiii