Are you wishing that you were 30 years younger?

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mike Walter
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2006 2:56 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: CMSCALL return code

Ha!!  We only *WISH* we were based on a 30-year old machine design!  ;-)
Reminds me of a joke: last night I was out with ... oh, let's not go
there.
Is it really only Monday?

Mike Walter

"Alan Altmark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
12/04/2006 04:43 PM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: CMSCALL return code

On Monday, 12/04/2006 at 02:33 PST, "Schuh, Richard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Pipelining a machine and adding caches does throw a monkey wrench into

> the discussion. Add interrupts and you really have a mess. That is one

> reason why the performance guys like to preface every sentence with
> "YMMV" or "It depends" :-)

...and is why, unless we're in a performance-sensitive area of code, we
avoid spending time worrying about the speed of a particular instruction
(laden or unladen).  You get into endless arguments that are religious
in nature and based on 30-year-old machine designs.  :-)

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents
may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if
this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately
alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including
any attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the
contents of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is
strictly prohibited.