On 12/20/06, Adam Thornton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I don't know how much OCO there really is anymore, actually.  The
QDIO drivers are available now, and I think there's even a 3590
implementation.   You could certainly get a Linux system, with
networking, built without anything that isn't Free Software.

I suppose having source code that produces something that works in
Linux is helpful to understand how it works, but I could not tell
whether that's enough to implement the function in another operating
system.
Many moons ago I studied the lcs device driver to find the cause of a
problem. I fear that when I had to learn general S/390 I/O from that,
it might have made a big difference for the rest of my life ;-)

Rob