Yes, DDR or FDR or ADRDSSU can do Disaster Backups of your z/VM, z/VSE or
 z/OS
DASD. There are two catches with this. These Disaster backups do not work
 well
for dynamic data such as SPOOL, Shared File Systems, Databases, Linux
filesystems. You must make sure that these dynamic areas are not being
updated. I always do separate backups of the SPOOL and SFS data. Database
and Linuxes should be logged off for data consistency. The second catch i
that DDR, FDR & ADRDSSU backups of z/VM data are not for file level
restores. Not knowing enough about the VTOC requirements, I am unwilling
try a track level restore of z/OS or z/VSE datasets.

/Tom Kern
/301-903-2211

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 11:48:00 -0600, Daniel Allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrot
e: