Replace the LISTF, the PIPE STACK, and the DROP with "PIPE  cms list *
332stats a (today noh,"

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Tom Duerbusch
Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 11:00 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: OK Pipers, a new challenge

OK, this is a real simple pipe.

'LISTF * 332STATS A (TODAY STACK'
'PIPE STACK ',
   '| SORT 1-8 DESCENDING',
   '| DROP FIRST 1',
   '| SPECS /ERASE / 1 W1-3 NW',
   '| CONSOLE',
   '| CMS '
RETURN

It erases all "* 332sstats" files except for the lastest one.
I think it works great, but perhaps not.

As you can see, I create a CMS 'erase' command, display it on the
console and execute it.

After all the rexx subsitutions take place and the pipe is build, a
"trace i" shows the following:

       >O>   "PIPE STACK  | SORT 1-8 DESCENDING | DROP FIRST 1 | SPECS
/ERASE /
1 W1-3 NW | CONSOLE | CMS "

    11 *-* RETURN

0000009 FILES PURGED

I would have expected to see:

erase 090101 332stats a
erase 100101 332stats a
erase 110101 332stats a
etc

so, why am I not getting the CMS command, listed.  Obviously, I'm doing
something wrong here.  But 9 files being purged is the right number.

The process is being kicked off by VMUTIL.  So I plan on disabling it
and log on and do the commands myself to see what is actually out there.
 But that shouldn't have any effect on why I'm not seeing the CMS
commands echoed to the console.

Thanks

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting