There was a package.....

It was a user contributed program on VM/SP days.
You would type the program name with a name and it would create a LDEV
device with that session name.

You would then get the VM logo, sign on to that CMS (or do a DIAL to
some multi-user system, such as VSE), and you could hotkey between that
session and the base session.  That is as close to the Linux "su"
command I've ever seen.

Now that it is comming back to me, the package name was "sessions".  In
the last 10 years, I've always had either a mainframe session manager
product (such as tubes), or TN3270 session (which you can have as many
as you are willing to support).

I don't know if "sessions" was ever upgraded to ESA (and beyond), but a
product like what you are looking for, did exist.  Free package, that
is.

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 12/31/2006 7:00 AM >>>
Hi

Is it possible to swich user (normally or with logon by method)
without
logoff under z/VM?
I find passthru but it seems not for this kind of problem..