On 1/3/07, Zoltan Balogh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'll read all post after my previous, but first of all.. telnet cant be a
good way for me because i can login only with logon by, and "help telnet"
dont tell me any possibility for VM like logonby connection...

Oh yes. If you TELNET you get to the VM logon screen and there you can
issue the logon xxx BY xxx.

Using PASSTHRU or SESSION from your CMS userid was popular when we had
physical terminals with limited number of sessions or when there is
limited connectivity to the target system. And for the MVS people it
was often a VTAM application playing (multi) session manager.  A
special "temporary disconnect" allows you to go back and forth while
keeping the target session open in the background. The biggest
drawback is that you tie up the CMS session when you reach out to the
other target session.
Most folks today have a workstation with a TN3270 client. In that case
it is much easier to just open a new session on the workstation and
navigate between the sessions.

Some of the analogies just don't do it when you try to find "a way to
do it on VM" and it helps to understand what function you really need.
As others suggested with TRACK, you don't have to logon to the userid
to see (part of) console output. Also, many applications keep log
files on disk where you can see them, or you may need to close the
spooled console to see things. Quite often we find it easier to review
log files to see what happened rather than "try it again while we're
looking at it"

I find the "SEND" very effective in doing things for other virtual
machines (either with or without SCIF). If you make PROP the secondary
console for your service machines you have central logging plus the
ability to issue commands without leaving your place.

Rob